Stamps and other stuff

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A conversation half remembered

I don’t know what it was but I overheard a conversation on the train while travelling to the folks place over Christmas…don’t ask why this popped into my head, but it has, there’s this American guy going to Christmas with a friend..and for some reason they were talking about family..the conversation went sort of like this.

AD. “My dad died a couple of years ago and jeez it caused shit when he did. Mom discovered that dad had been keeping another family over on the east coast.”

F. Shit

AD Yeah and I’ve got a brother….and get this Mom wants to meet them.

F WTF

AD Dad left them money…I don’t wanna meet this brother…he’s a mechanic in New Jersey. Shit he didn’t even go to college or stuff. I’ve got nothing in common in with him.

F weird

Struck me as weird, the tone of voice that looks down on someone who didn’t go to college or
is a mechanic, it was a peculiar conversation, that’s stuck with me, there was obviously a lot
of money involved. All in all a vicarious piece of life, mind you it’s better than sitting next to some chick talking her love life, I mean do we really need to know the sordid details. Or again hearing a couple of guys just released and heading down to St Kilda for a good time, being picked up by a couple of girls on the make.

Ahh the corruption of life…’tis good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home